As someone who has struggled with weight issues I always seek out effective weight loss programs that can help me stay in shape. So when I caught wind of keto diet and how it can be used to drop those extra pounds, since it was literally on every conceivable platform I went into an overdrive. I really didn’t know what it was all about.
Seriously, sometimes I feel like I’m always the last person to catch up on new trends. So I started digging and here’s what I found.
A keto diet is simply a low carb diet, that means if you were to begin the weight loss program, you would have to cut down drastically on your carbohydrates intake. It is literally you starving yourself of carbohydrates and taking lots of fat instead. The keto diet goes by many names, so when you hear “ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat diet” it’s all still referring to the same thing.
A person who decides to undertake the keto diet would have to eat certain foods and avoid a couple as well.
Do Not Eat
- Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal, etc.
- Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
- Tubers – potato, yams, etc.
- Meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Leafy Greens – spinach, kale, etc.
- Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- High Fat Dairy – hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
- Nuts and seeds – macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Avocado and berries – raspberries, blackberries, and other low glycemic impact berries
- Sweeteners – stevia, erythritol, monk fruit, and other low-carb sweeteners >
- Other fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc.
So, How effective is this for weight loss? Honestly, I have not tried this so I can’t speak from a personal perspective but I have heard good testimonies about how effective the program is for some people.
Does it have sides effects?
Based on my findings, yes it does. Some of which are reduced physical energy and body rashes to mention a few. When you deprive the body of a balanced diet, there will definitely be side effects, so please endeavor to check with your dietian or doctor before you decide to try it out.
Read also>> signs that you are overeating
If you have any more information about keto diet please use the comment box, have you tried it before and how effective was it for you?